Tuesday, March 27, 2012

{Sam} Monkeying around with...

An assortment of crafts!!  Starting with a sock monkey hat I'm making for my soon-to-be born nephew!  He's got a little sock monkey toy and I'm going to take photos of him when he is born and thought it would be super cute if he had a matching hat!  It's still a work in progress (I only started it last night), but the basics are there!  I'm going to attach some ear flaps, the ears, a red pom pom on top and the face!!  I'll make sure to post a finished picture when it is done!


The second project requires a tiny bit of back story...
I used to work at a craft store.
Said craft store occasionally threw away fixtures when they were no longer needed.
Said craft store couldn't give them away instead, but they could sell them to me for a dollar :D
Enter: paper racks.


They keep my scrapbook paper nice and neat and color coordinated.
Enter husband losing space in the hobby room.
Exit... husband giving up hobby room so it could become full time scrapbooking and photography room.
Enter a couple other things, and then Christmas time...
Ornament Holder = Jackpot!!


I know it doesn't look like much yet, but in the next few weeks it's about to become the most amazing sticker holder.  EVER.

Step 1: Disassemble and Sand.
Step 2: Stay tuned!


Side note: While at the craft store this week I stumbled upon these beauties!!  I swear they were singing my name!  I think the colors are magnificent: bold, but still seeming soft because of the lighter parts and the fuzziness!  I LOVE the texture of them.  I think they are about to become hats and cocoons for props!  :)


Unless anybody has any better suggestions for me??
Let me know what you think in the comments below!!
-Sam

1 comment: