Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I love buttons! {Gail}

I don't even have pictures to post, but I purchased some clearance buttons today -- they inspire me! I got some large buttons, for accents on bags. You'll be seeing some of those in the near future. I got little buttons to use on cards and small crafting items. I got some JUST BECAUSE I LIKED THEM! I do that a lot.

I have a bin of inspiration probably numbering in the thousands... we're talking literally decades of "oh, those are great buttons, I can see myself using those for..." Hmm, still waiting for those projects to happen! When my son, now almost 19, was in pre-K, on 100th Day (of school), every child was supposed to bring in 100 of something. Pennies, Cheerios, Lego pieces... he brought 100 different buttons! It was so fun. I sealed them inside a plastic bag, and also sent along a list of questions such as, "Can you find a button with 4 holes, 2 holes, one hole? Can you find a button that looks like a Ritz cracker?" The teacher kept them for the rest of the year. So that's how I can estimate my total quantity!

Have a fave button story/project/use? Let's hear it!

Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment